[Hidden-tech] Wireless connection problems

Claudia Gere claudia at claudiagereco.com
Mon Feb 20 17:25:53 EST 2006

I am having a problem connecting to a wireless network connection. I am
operating a Windows XP laptop that uses a Dell Wireless WLAN 1450 Dual Ban
WLAN Mini-PCI card. When I click on the Wireless Network Connection icon  in
the task bar, my system says and shows that I am connected, but when I try
to connect to Internet Explorer I don't get connected and MS Office Outlook
says it can't find the server. So even though it says I'm connected, I can't
do anything. The Wireless Network says it is configured for open access and
is set up in my system to connect automatically.

I connected wirelessly just yesterday to another system just by clicking
connect and I ran diagnostics on the PCI card so I don't think it's a
hardware or driver problem. Does anyone know if I need to change any
settings or anything else I can try?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Claudia