[Hidden-tech] Making audio recordings

David Spound dspound at mac.com
Sun Feb 19 17:25:16 EST 2006

I am seeking advice about making audio recordings.

I want to record a series of guided meditations for those attending my
stress reduction classes. These recordings will have my voice only (no
music), and I need to eliminate ambient noise.

For some past business projects, I made recordings using my Apple PowerBook
laptop, a very basic headset/microphone, a Griffin iMic, and software such
as Sound Studio and Audacity. However, I have had a difficult time
eliminating ambient noise. Also, I want better sound quality for my voice.

One solution would be to utilize a recording studio -- if anyone has some
recommendations on inexpensive recording studios, I would be happy to
receive them.

Alternatively, if anyone has recommendations about how to produce high
quality vocal recordings at home, I would be grateful. Perhaps a better
microphone along with some means of gaining distance from the computer (to
reduce noise)?

A home recording option may be best in the short term, as I would like to
have something completed before my next "Taste of Mindfulness" class on
February 26.

Thanks,

David

David Spound, M.Ed.