[Hidden-tech] Free VMware Fusion beta available

Jan Werner jwerner at jwdp.com
Wed Dec 27 15:27:47 EST 2006

Not having an Intel Mac (yet), I won't be trying this out for a while,
but it sounds like something many Hidden Tech folk may be interested in.

VMware has just made a beta version of their new VM product for Mac
available as a free download (requires registration). You can get it
from: http://www.vmware.com/products/beta/fusion/

According to VMware, Fusion can run Windows, Netware, Linux and Solaris
Virtual Machines simultaneously with Mac OS X, and if you have VMware
Workstation running on Linux or Windows hosts, you can transport VMs
between these systems and your Mac.

No pricing has been announced for the final product, although I would
expect pricing to be similar to VM Workstation ($200), or lower.

Jan Werner