[Hidden-tech] Word to PDF preserving TOC links

Jan Werner jwerner at jwdp.com
Thu Aug 17 13:02:07 EDT 2006

Adobe Acrobat PDF Maker for Word will do that automatically. If you have
installed Acrobat Professional, it should have installed itself and you
will have an "Adobe PDF" menu item in Word. You may need to change the
settings for PDF Maker (Adobe PDF/Change Settings).

If you have created your Word document using styles for headings and
item identifiers, you can also convert headings and selected styles to
bookmarks in the PDF file. That allows users to display a hierarchical
navigational bookmark tree in Acrobat  which makes it much easier to get
around than links from the table of contents.

Jan Werner