[Hidden-tech] Thanks for input - why HT is great!

A - Z International az at a-zinternational.com
Tue Apr 25 20:10:59 EDT 2006

Hi all,

Guess I hit a nerve today with the issue of my daughter losing her first
completed novella and then wondering how to protect myself in a program
(Word) that has a function that seems to have no purpose whatsoever except
to eat files. Thanks to everyone who responded. I've passed along your
thoughts/advice to my computer folks at Amherst Computer Works and we're a)
working on retrieving the file, and b) setting up a better automatic backup
system for my PC and laptop.

By the by, as a writer (50 percent of the time) I incessantly print out
everything. As Shel and others noted, there's nothing like killing whole
book chapters. It's an awful lot easier to scan content back then rewrite.
But with your input, I probably won't be doing that much scanning.

Which leads me back to what is so great about Hidden-Tech -- that YOU ARE
ALL THERE to call upon in an hour of need.

And for that reason, I urge you all to consider attending our May 16 sales
program/fundraiser. The $75 minimum fee is a deductible business expense
and the knowledge you'll gain will be invaluable. We only have 30 places
and about a third of the seats are already taken. If there's enough demand,
we'll consider running a second program if Sheldon Snodgrass can handle it.
See all the details at www.hidden-tech.net under EVENTS.

best,

Amy Zuckerman
Hidden-Tech founder, co-chair