[Hidden-tech] Filling in forms

Shel Horowitz shel at frugalfun.com
Sat Apr 1 09:45:10 EST 2006

>I've had it with typing the same information over and over again to
>fill out forms, registration etc.  I think there's a program out
>there that will look up and paste this information on demand.
>Someone told me about a service but I'm not comfy with having all
>this info stored elsewhere nor am I eager to pay for a service.  I
>want it on my computer.
>
>You guys are great, so I know my problem will be solved in no time.

Use the AutoFill function on Internet Explorer to remember your most
common entries (unfortunately it will only remember one per category.
Then when you hit a form, just click on the Autofill button.

Firefox in theory has the ability to suggest multiple entries, but in
practice I find that form-filling tends to hang the program and the
only way out is force-quit. So for instance I keep IE or Safari open
for Google, which is totally unusable in firefox because it keeps
trying to fill in whatever else I've entered previously that starts
with the same letter. Yuck!
Shel Horowitz - 413-586-2388/800-683-WORD shel at frugalfun.com
-->Join the Business Ethics Pledge - Ten Years to Change the World,
One Signature at a Time  (please tell your friends)
<http://www.business-ethics-pledge.org>
Marketing consulting * copywriting * publishing assistance * speaking
How to market ethically/effectively: http://www.frugalmarketing.com
Ethics Blog:  http://www.principledprofit.com/good-business-blog/