[Hidden-tech] Transporting large files

Edbride-PR Ed at edbride-pr.com
Sat Apr 1 10:31:49 EST 2006

Do you really mean transporting, as in carrying them with you? Or transferring, as in electronically sending them to others (via FTP)?

I have successfully used an FTP service called YouSendIt (apply the usual www and .com), which claims the ability to FTP files up to 1Gigibyte. I've never tested that limit, but have transferred files around 60Mb.

There are doubtless several other options, but with YouSendIt, you don't have any software on your own system, nor is there any cost. So, there's nothing to setup on your Mac. All you need is the high-speed connection and an email system that won't time-out if you're sending a file that might take a half-hour to upload.

Hope this helps,
Ed