[Hidden-tech] Transporting large files

Fred fredbliss at comcast.net
Sat Apr 1 00:34:54 EST 2006

I'm going to assume that you will need to send files to both mac and pc
users, and for that you should get a free .gz (gzip) compression tool to
allow you to reduce file sizes.

you can find the Gzip executable for Mac here:
http://persephone.cps.unizar.es/general/gente/spd/gzip/

As far as an ftp/sftp client to allow you to do this on a mac, I would
recommend http://cyberduck.ch/ for a freeware option.  There are plenty of
freeware and shareware/retail options, but hey, open source is taking the
world by storm, and there are many open source/freeware options that are
great.  I would take it that cyberduck's google PR 7 would lend some
credence to it being a solid option.

Hope this helps, and does anyone else have some solid recommendations for
Ann?

Fred