[Hidden-tech] Looking for internet technician

Fred Steinberg hiddentec at p98n.com
Tue Sep 6 11:29:19 EDT 2005

There's another option - instead of wireless you can run a network
over your house's power lines. (This is not broadband over the power
company lines, it's just a way to connect machines inside your house.)

Basically, you plug a connection from your router into one box, then
connect each of your computers to another box that plugs into a
standard wall outlet.

It's inexpensive - and it works. (I've seen it in a situation similar
to yours; a house where wireless had very little range.)

Here's a link to one brand of equipment, but there are others besides
linksys:
     http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=linksys+powerline