[Hidden-tech] Dead Computer

Fred Levine fred at thompsonandlevine.com
Thu Oct 20 12:42:31 EDT 2005

I was wondering if anyone can help me with a computer question.

I'm a Mac person, but I have a Dell Dimension 2400 that my kids use. It's
only about 2 years old and it suddenly went dead. When the power button is
pushed, the power light glows amber (instead of green), but there is no
sound of a fan, no sound of booting up and no signal to the monitor. I
checked all the memory, unplugged and reseated all the cables in the box,
but beyond that I have no idea what to do.

My question: Does it sound like the power supply? How could I test that
without buying a new one?

Any help from your technical types out there would be greatly appreciated.

Fred Levine

--
Frederick G. Levine
Writing, Editing, & Publishing Services
fred at thompsonandlevine.com

"Life doesn't imitate art, it imitates bad television."
--Woody Allen