[Hidden-tech] Salesforce.com v. Daylite

Mark Bucciarelli mark at hubcapconsulting.com
Tue Nov 29 21:14:14 EST 2005

On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 02:39:28PM -0500, Jonathon Podolsky wrote:

> Any experience with those CRM?s, or at least with Salesforce.com?

I use SugarCRM.

I like the functionality a lot (import of Act data, mail merge for email
campaigns, shared calendar, RSS feed and link portals, custom fields,
customer portal, etc, etc, etc). I think a key functionality is e-mail
integration.

One issue we have found at GAIA Host is that the default skin is a bit
slow. We are testing a lighter-weight DHTML skin that should help here.

The hardest part is really the biz-process, that is, getting the data
entered so you actually have a record of phone calls and meetings etc.
It is hard to do data entry when you could be closing a sale or chatting
with a friendly prospect. This will be the main challenge with any CRM.

It's Free Software, so you can install it on your desktop to try out.
It requires MySQL and PHP, so it should work under Windows just fine.
(There's also on-line demos at the website.)