[Hidden-tech] Basic data entry and analysis recommendations?

'Mark Bucciarelli' mark at hubcapconsulting.com
Tue Nov 22 10:33:41 EST 2005

On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 10:14:46AM -0500, Ben Liyanage wrote:

> I am warry of open office. Most of the time it is fine. I've
> definitely had it screw up on me, and make me lose all my data (yes,
> even the data I had previously saved successfully). They are working
> on a good thing, but I do not think they are completely there yet.

What OS, OpenOffice version and OpenOffice app?

On OSX, my wife has experienced crashes when word processing, but I
haven't updated her version for quite some time. Shoeless cobbler's kids
and all that ...

In light to moderate use I've never had data loss spreadsheet or word
processing file on Windows or Linux.

It's been at least a two year experiment here ...

I would be curious to hear other people's experiences on the list.