[Hidden-tech] What to charge...

Doug Farrick dfarrick at freshdesign.com
Wed May 4 16:21:50 EDT 2005

Anne, hi

I guess it depends on the client. We here at Freshdesign typically
screen our clients. This comes from having done an "ideal client" study
so we know up front what "type" of client we are looking for. In our
case, typically Marketing, AD's, CD's, etc. and the like who have
budgets and know and understand the value of design services. No sense
in re-inventing the wheel each time. Also, I would recommend a very
brief phone call (10 minutes max) and then have them fill out a
Creative Survey which is designed to give you the "scope" of the
project. As for your potential client there seems to have been enough
red flags but in this case it seems obvious - just a polite but firm
call or email back saying you understand his/her situation but are busy
with other clients and if/when you are ready/able to make a financial
commitment please contact me and we will re-visit the project.

Hope this helps.

Doug Farrick
principal