[Hidden-tech] What to charge for conference call

Shel Horowitz shel at frugalfun.com
Wed May 4 15:03:18 EDT 2005

>The next logical question is: charging for travel time en route to a
>client site or meeting. While in theory I'd argue yes, I have not
>been able to bring myself to do this. What I do insist, however, is
>that if I'm flying to a client site, it be a non-stop flight or the
>client pays for any time lost in layovers. I've never had to employ
>the latter.

I typically charge half my normal hourly rate for driving time. If
planes are involved, I simply quote a day rate that covers the travel
time without itemizing it, and of course they pick up the plane fare
itself.

But I find most clients are happy to have the consulting over the
phone, and I'm happy to deliver it that way.
Shel Horowitz - copywriter, marketing consultant, author, speaker
Affordable, effective marketing materials and strategies

Sign the Business Ethics Pledge - Help Change the World
<http://www.principledprofits.com/25000influencers.html>

mailto:shel at frugalfun.com * 800-683-WORD/413-586-2388
http://www.frugalmarketing.com / http://www.principledprofits.com
Books: Grassroots Marketing, Principled Profit, others
Blog: http://principledprofit.blogspot.com/