[Hidden-tech] What to charge for emergency support ?

Edbride-PR Ed at edbride-pr.com
Tue May 3 14:41:37 EDT 2005

Charge for wearing beeper? I don't think so, anymore than you'd charge for
keeping a cellphone nearby. You're charging for your time, the beeper just
makes it easier for the client to find you.

First responder vs. later in the chain? Depends on how much you want the
work. If you prefer to have someone else look at the problem first, they
may, in fact, be able to fix it, so you'll get more sleep but less money.
So, that's a conscious choice you get to make.

The structure seems fine to me, although I don't know the $$ part of the
equation. But I should think that midnight-6am and weekends probably justify
2x your normal hourly rate.

Ed