[Hidden-tech] Health Insurance discussion

Garth Shaneyfelt gshaneyfelt at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 12 15:30:32 EST 2005

>I went to an interesting talk the other evening given by 2 physicians on
>the topic of nationalized (as opposed to socialized) health
>insurance.   The differences in terms of cost and quality of care between
>the U.S. and other western countries was amazing.    We are far behind in
>this area.
>
>They mentioned that there is currently a bill in place in Massachusetts to
>nationalizehealth care in this state.   They recommended that we contact
>our state representatives to vote for this bill, or to vote for
>representatives who are in favor of it.
>
>Both physicians are members of the organization, Physicians for a National
>Health Plan (non-physicians can also join) <http://www.pnhp.org/>www.pnhp.org
>
>Also, for more information on single pay care in MA, check out
><http://www.masscare.org/>www.masscare.org

As a complementary/alternative also see the Ithaca Health Care Fund
http://www.ithacahealth.org/fund.htm

Seems like something that could also work well in the Pioneer Valley [and
among Hidden-Tec members].

If you get cancer, major operations, etc... you are still out of luck but
for most "normal" emergencies you are covered.

-Garth