[Hidden-tech] Health Insurance discussion

Nancy Shulman nshulman at att.net
Mon Mar 7 11:42:12 EST 2005

I went to an interesting talk the other evening given by 2 physicians on the
topic of nationalized (as opposed to socialized) health insurance.   The
differences in terms of cost and quality of care between the U.S. and other
western countries was amazing.    We are far behind in this area.

They mentioned that there is currently a bill in place in Massachusetts to
"nationalize" health care in this state.   They recommended that we contact
our state representatives to vote for this bill, or to vote for
representatives who are in favor of it.

Both physicians are members of the organization, Physicians for a National
Health Plan (non-physicians can also join) www.pnhp.org
<http://www.pnhp.org/>

Also, for more information on single pay care in MA, check out
www.masscare.org <http://www.masscare.org/>

Nancy L. Shulman

nshulman at att.net