[Hidden-tech] Health insurance - HSA experience?

Garth Shaneyfelt gshaneyfelt at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 1 13:12:03 EST 2005

>  This state just isn't set up to make
>insurance affordable for anyone, self-employed or otherwise.

Sad, but true.   Although in 2006, there might be a Constitutional
amendment to ensure health care for all.

I have found that BCBS Direct Pay seems to have pretty decent rates [at
least for Western
Mass].
http://www.bcbsma.com/common/en_US/healthPlansIndex.jsp?levelOneDotFiveCategory=Direct+Pay

For instance you can get a COUPLE plan [with drug benefit] for $675/month;
single for $350  [$250/mo if you can get by without drug benefit].

For us, this ALMOST beats the 50% share I have to pay for my BCBS HMO plan
through my empolyer.

hope this helps
-Garth