[Hidden-tech] External Drive ?

andy at valinet.com andy at valinet.com
Sat Jun 18 11:57:06 EDT 2005

I've used external drives for years with mixed success.  I began
with using Firewire HD's I bought from Maxtor.  Then I started just
buying the External Enclosures and putting my own hard drive into
it.  That worked well, too, for the most part.  Then I started having a
bunch of problems with the drives freezing or not being seen by the
computer...  It got pretty frustrating.  Then I started using external
enclosures that accommodated both Firewire and USB2.  Once I
started using USB2 all my problems disappeared.  I've got four
external drives hanging off the back of the computer right now (720
GB of storage).  Once I hit a terabyte of external storage I'll have a
party!  Good luck

Andy Smith