[Hidden-tech] DBA, LLC, or Sub S?

Charlie Heath chasheath at comcast.net
Fri Jul 22 00:00:22 EDT 2005

Looking into incorporating in Mass, it appears that LLC is more costly than
Sub S because of a bigger state fee assessed annually.  Can anyone who has
gone through these hoops comment on advantages of either LLC or Sub S for a
Mass business?

What threshold would you pick for switching from DBA to INC?  I'm
considering switching from doing small software contracts on my own to
taking on a somewhat bigger contract and subcontracting part of the work
out.  Will INC really protect me a lot more than DBA for this purpose?

Thanks .

Charlie Heath
dba Blue Herring