[Hidden-tech] Need Mac-based QuarkXPress help

Diane H K artdirector.diane at comcast.net
Thu Jan 20 08:30:40 EST 2005

I use QuarkXPress 4.1 on OS 9 (I know, I know . . .). The problem is that
overseas clients are sending me Quark docs that they say have been saved
back to Quark 4, but more than half the time my Quark just won't open
them. I'm also sent the Quark 5 versions and I just archive those.

Is there anyone on the list that can AFFORDABLY convert Quark 5/6 docs
reliably back to Quark 4? If so, what is your price per document, and
your turn-around time if I leave the files on my FTP site for your
download? One major condition is that you would have to post the
converted finished files on your own FTP site for my pick-up. In either
case, the files I leave would be compressed using Stuffit for Mac, and
I'd want the same in return, to maintain file integrity and conserve
download/upload time.

Please let me know on- or off-list. Thanks!

Sincerely,
Diane H K

Greenfield, MA.