[Hidden-tech] Problems with Comcast connection

Daniel Guidera danielguidera at comcast.net
Sat Jan 15 22:10:21 EST 2005

Hi Rick--

I had Verizon DSL for a while in Northampton, and while the Internet
service was OK, I had a terrible noise problem on my voice line.
Several trips out by Verizon technicians couldn't put a dent in the
problem, indeed, it seemed like they were starting from square one
every time. I dropped Verzon DSL in favor of Comcast cable and the
line noise problem stopped.

This isn't to slam Verizon. They do phone well (a blessing
considering my nightmare as an AT&T customer), and as mentioned,
their DSL was worth $25. It's just that getting the Verizon DSL and
phone people on the same page was like moving the Soviet bureaucracy.

Best,

Daniel