[Hidden-tech] Problems with Comcast connection

Chris Hoogendyk choogend at library.umass.edu
Fri Jan 14 16:10:59 EST 2005

Will Loving wrote:

>I'm writing to check with other Comcast users in the Pioneer Valley area to
>see if you are experiencing regular connection interruptions.

I have Earthlink broadband, which ends up being Comcast cable -- the
cable and modem was installed by Comcast. I have a Mac OS X system
direct connected to the cable modem and then an extra ethernet card
sharing the internet connection to the rest of the house. All Macs, both
wired and wireless, and an HP Laserjet. Fair bit of traffic. No
noticeable interruptions as far as I can tell. I've done full screen
video conferencing with an iSight while my daughters were browsing the
web on their computers, and I watched the 2 hour MacWorld keynote
address on streaming quicktime.

Chris Hoogendyk