[Hidden-tech] Macintosh computer technical help needed

David Spound dspound at mac.com
Tue Jan 4 16:37:50 EST 2005

Hello all,

One of my older Macs has stopped functioning and I would like to recover
some files.

It¹s a PowerMac 7500 that has a G3 upgrade card installed. In fact, the Mac
is OK; it¹s the PowerLogix G3 upgrade card that broke. The heat sink came
off of the CPU and the computer won¹t boot up. Unfortunately, the upgrade
card is so firmly seated into the mother board that I cannot remove it (so
as to re-install the original ³G1² processor).

I need some help getting some files off of the internal hard disk (yes I
know all about backing up computers, but the backup zip drive had recently
stopped working, too).

I need someone who can remove the hard disk drive and copy some of the files
onto a CD. I¹d be willing to do this myself, but I don¹t have a hard drive
enclosure or interface that would make the drive functional with my newer
(USB/Firewire) Macs. There may be 2-3 gigabytes of data on old the drive,
but I only need one or two folders that have about 200-300 megabytes. I will
need to be present during this operation so that I can select the files to
be rescued.

In recent years, this old computer has been used by my wife and kids. It
contains no crucial business data ‹ nothing that is worth paying a lot of
money to recover. Any advice as to how I can recover some personal files for
my wife and kids will be appreciated.

Thanks,

David

David Spound
david at spound.com
413-219-0654 (work/cell)

Computer  and electronics equipment for sale:
http://www.spound.com/sale.html