[Hidden-tech] Vonage

Matt Lampiasi mattl at florenceit.net
Fri Dec 2 17:31:08 EST 2005

I'd agree on all that, also:

I think a good way to test is use it as a long distance, or a fax  line ;)
Vonage's audio signal can be adjusted from low to high, and I found that
faxes wouldn't go through on the lower audio quality settings (that was
fun), so I increased my audio quality and all set ever since. Can't
always keep your local number even though they say so (though I found
out this is not unique to vonage, I checked a lot of vendors, I couldn't
keep mine). I did not think support was so great when I used them but I
hardly ever have to. As Paul says network (internet or local) congestion
creates audio probs sometimes. It's somewhat frequent in my experience,
though not a major prob. On the whole it's a great deal (been using
about a yr on 2 lines).

--
Thanks,

Matt Lampiasi CNE,MCP