[Hidden-tech] Tax preparation -Efficiency and effectiveness (productivity), Tax-software advice ?

Tom Goldsmith TTGsmith at TGandA.com
Wed Aug 17 12:05:57 EDT 2005

Does anybody have/know a tax preparer who interfaces
well with TurboTax or the like?

I find myself, year-after-year, wrestling with my
own overly-complicated tax declaration (business,
self-employment, IRAs and other investments,
foreign tax credit).

I often think I know far too little about using
the power of today's technologies effectively or
collaboratively in this area.  But no tax preparer
I've used seems able or inclined to help.  In a
bad year preparation fees approach taxes paid.

Has anyone found a tax preparer who specializes
(coaches) in leveraging, say, TurboTax to:

  o  Make preparation quicker, simpler, cheaper
  o  Better use data already collected with Quicken
  o  Leave more time to focus on
       - Tax and financial planning
       - Paying neither more, nor less, than one's share
       - Accuracy in following IRS regulations
         (not inviting an audit)

Tom Goldsmith
Northampton, MA