[Hidden-tech] Verizon DSL slow?

Antonio Gomes tong6998 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 8 00:27:24 EDT 2005

>From my understandings, fiber optic internet thru verizon is already in
place in some towns and cities in MA.  The pricing plan is as follows:

15/2 - $45 a month
15/5 - $55 a month
30/5 - $200 a month (mainly business) or was it 30/15 .... don;t remeber

All speeds are in megabits, yea that's right a 15 megabit down with a 5
megabit up for just $55 bux, cable is gonna get stomped.  They're also
working on something like direct-tv to bring digital tv to your house thru
the phonelines so expect a lot of work and upgrades out of them for the next
2 years.
as for the rest of MA expect slowdowns and even down time  due to the
upgrades in the system.  I live in Ludlow and the fiber was laid down last
year all around town just it hasn;t been connected or if it has it's not
offered yet .
Most of the information I'm writting here i've been finding out for the last
year from www.dslreports.com in the verizon forums in there for those of you
that want to check out what i'm saying.