[Hidden-tech] MAC screen movements capture software

Frieda S. Reichsman friedar at nsm.umass.edu
Thu Apr 7 16:15:53 EDT 2005

On Apr 7, 2005, at 11:52 AM, Tom at Reelife Productions wrote:

>    ** This message was posted by a Hidden-tech Member
>    ** being a Good Dobee and helping the group
>    ** by filling out the survey/skills
>    ** inventory in the member's area.
>    ** So Please signin today and add your information.
>

> Hello, out there,
>
> wondering if anyone has any suggestions for MAC software that will
> allow me to record the mouse-clicks, scrolling and any movement that
> happens on a computer screen. I'm trying to replicate what you may
> have seen on auto commercials or news/weather report promos...
>
> Looking for very crisp images with no pixelation whatsoever... that I
> can use to manipulate and tilt and distort, later in Final Cut ProHD.
>
> Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> Tom Adams

One option is RoboDemo, now made by Macromedia and called Captivate(?)
I think, which I have used to good effect in making about 8 "demo"
movies for online use. However, Camedia Studio may be more what you are
looking for, as it has more of a film-making type interface and more
fine control via many more "frames" you can manipulate. (Disadvantage
is larger file size, I think.)

Another option is Viewlet Builder, which I tried, but found the
interface less intuitive than RoboDemo (I admit I had already gotten a
bit used to RD before trying Viewlet Builder, however).

Hope this helps.

Frieda

Frieda S. Reichsman, PhD
Molecules in Motion- Interactive Molecular Structures
Shutesbury, MA