[Hidden-tech] Big PR Heading out Monday for Hidden-Tech

A - Z International az at a-zinternational.com
Thu Apr 7 17:38:21 EDT 2005

Hi all,

Wanted to thank everyone in the organization for helping with this award.
This release will be going out to media throughout New England and quite a
few national journalists on Monday. As a 30-year veteran of the news world
one never knows who will pick it up, but you can be certain they'll be
checking out Hidden-Tech.

If anyone wants to be interviewed please email me directly at
az at a-zinternational.com. I will give preference to those who work actively
to build Hidden-Tech, first, and then I'll pass one whatever names I have
to journalists.

Also, it's time to get signed into our Skills Inventory and the
Financial/Customer surveys. We have about 213 members already signed up,
but the more data we can present the world, the stronger our case for
recognition, for funding and to help promote legislation that will assist
our companies.

And, if you haven't made plans to exhibit at Hidden-Tech Connect on May 17,
please do ASAP. There will be lots of VIPs there and lots of media
attention. The cost of entry is almost non-existent and you don't need to
do it up in a fancy way. You'll be given a table or some table space, only.
This isn't an industry trade show. We just want the VIPs to see what we do
and have to offer so they know that we count. If you're thinking of
electronics, you'll have to work on battery pack. Electrical outlets will
be very limited to the program area, podium, etc . . .

best,

Amy Zuckerman
Hidden-Tech founder, co-chair

a158b.jpg
  NEWS RELEASE
a15aa.jpg

Massachusetts District
Office                                              Contact:  Joan M. Trudell
10 Causeway
Street                                                               Public
Information Officer

Boston,
MA  02222
Phone:  617-565-5572

Phone:  617-565-5590
     joan.trudell at sba.gov

                                                                                                 Fax:
617-565-5597

April 7, 2005

Press Release 2005-41

Amherst-based Hidden Tech Movement Founder, Amy Zuckerman, Wins SBA Award
for Advocacy on Behalf of Home-Based Businesses

BOSTON –  Amy Zuckerman, founder of Hidden Tech Movement,  has been named
the U.S. Small Business Administration’s 2005 New England and Massachusetts
Home-Based Business Champion, according to an announcement made by Mark S.
Hayward, Massachusetts SBA District Director.   Ms. Zuckerman won the
Massachusetts competition for this award and went on to win the New
England-wide contest.

The Home-Based Business Champion Award is presented annually to an
individual who has experienced the rewards and difficulties of home-based
businesses and has worked to improve the climate for these
businesses.   Evaluation criteria for this award include:  engaging in
entrepreneurial training, policy development efforts, or financial or
business planning specifically tailored for home-based businesses; and
measurable accomplishments in advancing home-based businesses, such as
adoption of public policy or expansion of a program.   Ms. Zuckerman was
nominated for this award by Georgianna Parkin, State Director of the
Massachusetts Small Business Development Center Network and Dianne Fuller
Doherty, Regional Director, Western Massachusetts Small Business
Development Center.

“Home-based businesses have an immeasureable effect on our nation’s
economy,” said Charles E. Summers, Jr., the SBA’s New England Regional
Administrator.  “Massachusetts is lucky to have such a resource and Amy
Zuckerman is a credit to small business innovation and success everywhere.”
-more-

Page 2, SBA Press Release 2005-41

Amy Zuckerman founded Hidden-Tech, a business networking organization
geared especially to the needs of virtual company owners, most of whom are
home-based. Although based in western Massachusetts, members are located
throughout the Rt. 91 Knowledge Corridor and beyond. Services include eight
programs annually for members within driving distance of the Pioneer Valley
of Massachusetts, an email discussion list and Web-based forums.

"When the Boston Globe Magazine commissioned me to write an article on
hidden tech, virtual company entrepreneurs in the fall of 2001, I had a
hunch that there were a growing number of people throughout the world
working from their homes or small office settings, hidden from sight and
from government statisticians” said Zuckerman. “In the process of
struggling to write that article, I hammered out a thesis with my editors
that led to the formation of the hidden tech movement and the creation of
the organization Hidden-Tech to serve virtual company owners like myself.”

  Ms. Zuckerman is also the principal of A-Z International Associates, an
international strategic market research and information packaging business.

“Amy Zuckerman’s dedication to home-based and small-office-based business
owners is evident given the success of Hidden Tech, her brainchild,” said
SBA’s Hayward.  “Her recognition that virtual company owners needed each
other for support and comfort led to the creation of this remarkable
organization which provides so much to business owners who work on their
own.”

Ms. Zuckerman will be honored at SBA’s Celebrate Success awards luncheon at
The Beechwood Hotel in Worcester on Friday, June 10, 2005.   The
Massachusetts Small Business Person of the Year, Fred Curtis, Jr.,
president and CEO of Worcester-based Curtis Tractor Cab, Inc., will also be
recognized along with nine other small businesses and small business
champions from throughout the Commonwealth.

######

For more information about all of the SBA’s programs for small businesses,
call the SBA Answer Desk at 1-800 U ASK SBA or TDD 704-344-6640, or locally
at 617-565-5590 or visit the SBA’s extensive Web site at http://www.sba.gov.