[Hidden-tech] Looking for PYTHON/PLONE DEVELOPER

Tom Murray tmurray at cs.umass.edu
Wed Apr 6 13:22:47 EDT 2005

Anyone on the Hidden Tech list working in Plone custom development? --
Or please forward to colleagues who are. --thanks, Tom

==

Looking for PYTHON/PLONE DEVELOPER for
COLLABORATION TOOLS FOR "DEEPLY DEMOCRATIC" GROUP DECISION MAKING

We are partnering with Cooperative Life, the Northeast Federation of
Cooperatives dedicated to building a thriving cooperative economy
(www.coopllife.coop).  We have begun development of a software layer
build on top of Plone, and need more person-power to meet our
milestones.   We are starting a project to provide collaborative
software to cooperatives, non-profits, political action groups, and any
organizations that value highly democratic and consensus-building
decision making including dialog and brainstorming. Our goal is to help
organizations of all sizes become more democratic, sustainable,
transparent, efficient, reflective, dynamic, and inclusive.

We are looking for someone to work with who has experience configuring
and maintaining the Plone open source system (plone.org).  Programming
knowledge at the Python level is required.  We are looking for someone
who is interested in using their talents to "make a difference in the
world".  We have both short term and long term technical needs.  We are
interested in finding someone motivated to come in at the ground level
and build our business with us.   Send inquiries and resume to Tom
Murray <tmurray at cs.umass.edu> or Lynn Benander
<lbenander at cooplife.coop>.

Tom Murray, Research Scientist in Educational Technology & Cognitive
Tools
University of Massachusetts
252 Chesterfield Road, Westhampton, MA 01027
(413) 529-2120, tmurray at cs.umass.edu,  http://www.tommurray.us