[Hidden-tech] stipend avail for vBulletin / PHP coder

Jonathan Dill jfdill at jfdill.com
Wed Dec 15 13:09:11 EST 2004

Hello folks,

Some of you may recall my query to Hidden Tec a couple years ago about
how to go about starting a 501c3.  As it happened, I connected with an
existing 501c3, the Life After Exoneration Program (LAEP) and have been
providing pro-bono technical consulting and contributing the web fees to
the organization since then.

LAEP has now come into some grant money, so a *stipend* is available for
a person with vBulletin and/or PHP programming experience to revamp and
maintain exonerated.org, the wesbite of the Life After Exoneration
Program (LAEP).  I don't know the exact figures, but would classify it
as a student-level job or a nice supplementary income for someone
looking to make a little extra cash.  I'd love to do it myself, but am
simply overcommitted with other projects and my new role at the Protein
Data Bank.

The key qualifications are the ability to put a professional-looking
front end on vBulletin such as vBindex, and the ability to set up and
maintain integration with donation mechanisms such as PayPal or
Worldpay.  A big item on my wish list is the ability for people to post
links to books or DVDs in a way that click-throughs will work with
Amazon Associates to generate funds for LAEP--if you can do that and get
it done within a week or two, you will definitely get a higher priority
on the list of potential candidates.  If you are interested, please
provide links to websites that are examples of your work.

I'd be grateful if you could give me contact info for good people who
you know, or if you have the time and motivation to get involved with
the project yourself, even better if you are a Samurai like me and want
to take this on as your contribution to society and do it in your spare
time on your own dime. To answer the question "What is exoneration?" you
might want to refer to the documentary Burden of Innocence on the
Frontline website, which was my inspiration to get involved with the
cause in the first place:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/burden/

I like to say that "LAEP is the missing part of the US Justice System"
taking care of the people who, for one reason or another, are wrongfully
convicted and later proven innocent. Believe it or not, in many US
states, exonerees are actually entitled to fewer social services and
resources than ex-convicts who are not exonerated of the crimes that
they committed.

Best,
--jonathan