[Hidden-tech] Query on computer programming skills

Chas Emerick cemerick at snowtide.com
Wed Dec 15 10:58:23 EST 2004

Oh, jeez, I hope not.  I still do work for The Hartford (those damn
bills need paying), and I can categorically say that large firms like
The Hartford have no interest in trolling around a backwater business
network's skills directory (sorry if it sounds harsh, but that's their
perspective).  They fill requisitions through professional recruiters
and internal HR searches.  Hidden-Tech is not on their radar, and I
hope they are not on ours.

Beyond that, I agree with everything Andy said.  And, I guess I would
add a question: if the skills directory that is already available is
going to continue to function as the main data source for recruiting,
etc. (as was indicated by Amy in an email yesterday), then exactly what
is this skills survey adding to the process/site/group?  I suppose my
main point is that a greater degree of visibility into what the
steering committee is driving towards would greatly help the membership
to know how to respond to RFI's, etc.

Chas Emerick
413.519.6365  |  cemerick at snowtide.com
Snowtide Informatics Systems

PDFTextStream: fast PDF text extraction for Java apps and Lucene
http://snowtide.com/home/PDFTextStream/