[Hidden-tech] Converting Microsoft Word on a PC to MAC

Claudia Gere Claudia at ClaudiaGereCo.com
Tue Dec 14 15:44:23 EST 2004

I’ve helped an author find a publisher for her book and we need to submit it
soon. The contract calls for “the complete manuscript on 3.5" computer disks
in either MAC format or ASCII readable format.”

I currently have the manuscript in a Microsoft Word (.doc) file on a PC
(running XP with Word 2002 and 2003). Can someone who is MAC savvy suggest
the easiest way to get it into ASCII/MAC-readable format? I assume
converting it to Word 5.1 for Macintosh requires Word for Macintosh on the
Mac end.

Thank you, Claudia

Claudia Gere & Co.
Helping smart people become outstanding authors
Complete Publishing Services

claudia at ClaudiaGereCo.com
www.ClaudiaGereCo.com
www.GerePublishing.com