[Hidden-tech] A HiddenTech thank you...

Michael Giles mgiles at visionstudio.com
Mon Dec 13 11:42:29 EST 2004

I've been meaning to send out an email since July, but along with
countless other items, it keeps failing to break out of my to-do list.
As some folks know, I sold my business ( http://www.furl.net ) over the
summer and along the path of building it, I got help from a bunch of
people in the HiddenTech community.

I want to thank not only the people who helped, but also the larger pool
of members who offered advice and services.  Although I haven't had much
time to contribute to the effort over the past year, I still believe
that bringing together the rich set of business service providers and
consumers in a region such as Western Mass is a meaningful endeavor.

As I've said before, I think it would be highly useful both to the
businesses and the region to create a browseable directory of businesses
and services so that people who want to build a small enterprise can
quickly see who offers the services they need (e.g. legal, financial,
marketing, design, etc), what other business owners think of them (yes,
reviews), and who has experience in the appropriate vertical domain
(e.g. software, consumer goods, manufacturing, etc).

There are a lot of very talented people on this list and in the region
and the more we can grease the skids of collaboration, the better off we
all will be.  And if we could systematize the whole thing so that other
regions could build their own...

I'd better stop dreaming up more work and just stick with saying,
"Thanks."  Have a great holiday season!

-Mike