[Hidden-tech] AT&T vs Verizon vs T-Mobile

Michael Muller tech at montaguewebworks.com
Wed Oct 19 18:57:35 UTC 2022

Yes, of course, but the nooks and crannies will affect all carriers.

Also, apparently none of them are broadcasting high-band out here. From
the article:

"In the Bay State, AT&T still reigns supreme with its 5G network,
offering 28.1% coverage, followed very closely by T-Mobile, though,
who—as the nationwide 5G leader—still puts up a respectable 24% coverage
in Massachusetts. Both carriers employ low-band 5G technology, which
allows them to reach a wider area with their networks—but at the
detriment of their speeds. Low-band 5G is just slightly faster than 4G LTE.

Verizon is the only carrier currently using exclusively high-band 5G,
which reflects what many consider to be "true" 5G speeds and
connectivity. But while high-band may be fastest, its frequencies are
also the shortest and can't penetrate through walls, leading to severe
coverage limitations. The nation's 4G LTE leader puts up the worst
showing with its 5G network, offering just 0.01% coverage in
Massachusetts with a single outdoor hotspot located in Boston."

Thanks,

Mik

Mik Muller, president
Montague WebWorks