[Hidden-tech] How do I ensure a specific subject line on return email without mailto?

Shel Horowitz shel at principledprofit.com
Thu Apr 14 22:17:18 UTC 2022

Hi, folks,

In the old days, I would have constructed a mailto link like

mailto:shel at greenandprofitable.com?subject=Assessment_Demo_Shel_Sent_Me

But when I tried that and ran into a glitch, I Googled and found that
mailtos are no longer considered a good idea:
https://www.campaignmonitor.com/resources/knowledge-base/how-do-you-add-a-subject-to-a-mailto/

My goal is to set filter responses to an offer so they automatically
forward to someone else. I know from experience that a large percentage
will ignore a request to use a specific subject line. I also know that I
will miss some inbound so forwarding manually is not the best option.

It did occur to me that I could instead provide a click to a Google doc,
but I don't know how to that while protecting the respondents' privacy--I
don't want other people harvesting their addresses.

Would love your ideas!

Shel Horowitz - "The Transformpreneur"
Contact me to bake in profitability while addressing hunger,
poverty, war, and catastrophic climate change
* First business ever to be Green America Gold Certified
* Inducted into the National Environmental Hall of Fame
* Certified speaker: International Platform Association
https://goingbeyondsustainability.com
mailto:shel at greenandprofitable.com 413-586-2388
Award-winning, best-selling author of 10 books.
Latest: Guerrilla Marketing to Heal the World
(co-authored with Jay Conrad Levinson)

Watch my TEDx Talk,
"Impossible is a Dare: Business for a Better World"
http://www.ted.com/tedx/events/11809
(move your mouse to "event videos")

ᐧ