[Hidden-tech] Recommendation for OCR software for digitizing magazines

Joanna Campe joanna.campe at gmail.com
Wed May 5 19:53:40 UTC 2021

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all safe and well.

We would like to digitize our archival hardcopy magazines, and we are
looking for the best option. Does anyone have experience with this and can
make a recommendation for OCR software?

We have tried Adobe Acrobat Pro and a couple others, but are having some
difficulty recognizing text that is printed over images.

Important features are searchable PDF creation in a magazine format. We are
using an Epson Perfection V500 Plus scanner, if that matters.

Your recommendations are much appreciated!

My best,

Joanna

Joanna Campe
Executive Director
Remineralize the Earth
152 South Street
Northampton, MA 01060 USA

Tel: 413-563-9938
Email: jcampe at remineralize.org
http://www.remineralize.org

*Book*
Geotherapy: Innovative Methods of Soil Fertility Restoration, Carbon
Sequestration, and Reversing CO2 Increase
http://www.crcpress.com/product/isbn/9781466595392

Please join and support us on *Patr <https://www.patreon.com/RTE>**eon
<https://www.patreon.com/RTE>*
https://www.patreon.com/RTE