[Hidden-tech] Alternative to SiteGround?

Sam McClellan sam at itabix.com
Wed Mar 24 16:56:29 UTC 2021

> I try not to give Jeff Bezos even one more dime, so will likely never
> wind up on AWS.
That is the issue I face as a host. I know a cloud format is better than
the single server format for hosting for several reasons, principally
redundancy, management and distributed content. But in my experience,
we're in a transition time when all the clouds that are affordable
enough and could be used for shared hosting are owned by the same big
companies that are trying to get our information and that I don't want
to support.

I do believe private clouds will become more affordable and usable over
time. In the meantime we do our best -- our servers are hosted in
relatively green colo's that have direct access to the internet
backbone, we back up every day and, for any sites that need it for
bandwidth and global distribution, use a CDN - mainly Cloudflare, or
Sucuri if they need a firewall too. Love Sucuri.

Sam

*Sam McClellan*

**

*Itabix, Inc*

**

*one place for all things **web***

**

*sam at itabix.com*

**

*https://itabix.com*

**

*Main - 413.587.4600*

**

*Toll-free - 877-7ITABIX (877.748.2249) *