[Hidden-tech] JOB: Engineering Software Developer

Martha Marteney martha at ftllabscorp.com
Tue Jun 29 13:55:59 UTC 2021

*ABOUT THE POSITION:*

Are you looking for a new challenge and want to work at the cutting edge of
your profession creating remote manufacturing inspection and maintenance
solutions employing image acquisition, Artificial Intelligence and 3D
modelling? If you are a creative self-starter, technically innovative, and
have excellent communication skills, we want to hear from you!

FTL Labs Corporation is seeking a *full-time *Engineering Software
Developer to address specific challenges with the US Department of Defense
on non-weapons-related programs. Due to the nature of our work for the U.S.
Government, we are required to hire only U.S. Citizens or green-card
holders.

*Technical Qualifications and Skills Required:*

   - Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or
   equivalent AND a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Software Development
   - *C# required*, WPF, C++, SQL, Python a plus
   - Object Oriented Programming

*Technical Qualifications and Skills Desired:*

   - Machine learning
   - Photogrammetry
   - Machine vision, image processing, and target recognition
   - 3D graphics, modeling, transforms, and visualization
   - Mathematical modelling and algorithms (MATLAB, R)
   - Neural nets, AI
   - Database and cloud architectures
   - Visualization and manipulation of large data sets
   - Point clouds, and digitization of physical environments
   - MVC / MVVM Architecture

*Additional Required Skills:*

   - An analytical mind
   - The ability to communicate complex procedures to other colleagues
   - Good communication skills – both written and verbal
   - Attention to detail and desire to probe further into data
   - Interpersonal skills
   - Problem solving skills
   - Critical thinking skills
   - Teamwork and collaboration skills
   - Adaptability skills
   - Work ethic
   - Time Management skills
   - Self-motivated and goal oriented
   - Fun and easy to work with in a dynamic team

FTL Labs Corporation is a tight-knit association of Ph.D. scientists and
seasoned engineers who work to develop next-generation software and
technology products to solve problems for government and industrial
clients. FTL personnel have participated in Phase I, Phase II, and Phase
III Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) programs through the National
Science Foundation, Department of Defense, and NASA, and we strive to
transition these technologies to the market. We frequently collaborate with
both academic and industry leaders, such as UMass Amherst, Northrop
Grumman, and Sikorsky. Our work demonstrates innovative thinking in a team
setting across a wide range of fields and specialties.

The people at FTL Labs are committed to making the world a better place to
live in by pushing forward the cutting-edge of technology. Working with
ingenuity, integrity, and professionalism, we solve our customers’ most
challenging problems.

FTL Labs is more about finding the right people and drawing a circle around
what they bring and saying, “this is what we are”, rather than deciding
“this is what we are” and finding people to fill that box.

*What we offer*

FTL offers competitive compensation and benefits, including excellent
health and dental coverage, short- and long-term disability, life
insurance, profit-sharing, and 401k. We are committed to providing our
employees with a great work-life balance by offering the possibility of
working remotely for part of the work week.

*Please note that we require all our employees who work in-person at the
FTL office to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.  *

*This position is in-person at FTL’s office, located in the vibrant
intellectual community of Western Massachusetts, close to the University of
Massachusetts flagship campus and Amherst College.*

FTL Labs is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer; veterans are
encouraged to apply.

We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding
recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected
veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal,
state, or local laws.

*Respond to martha at ftllabscorp.com <martha at ftllabscorp.com> with resume,
U.S. citizenship/green card status, and confirmation on vaccination.*

--
Martha Marteney
She/Her/Hers

--

FTL Labs Corporation
www.ftllabscorp.com <http://www.ftllabscorp.com>

CONFIDENTIALITY
NOTICE: This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain
confidential or privileged information for the use of the designated
recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and
that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution, or copying of
it
or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this message in
error,
please promptly notify the sender or admin at ftllabscorp.com
<mailto:admin at ftllabscorp.com> and immediately delete this message and any
attachments from your system.