[Hidden-tech] Local PC building resources for kids?

Noah Paessel knowuh at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 14:57:39 UTC 2021

Hello Hidden Tech,

My son, age 12, has expressed interest in assembling his own PC this summer. Instead of buying new parts from Amazon or NewEgg, I want to persuade him to purchase used components or new parts from a local vendor.

Is there a technology flea market or swap that happens in the valley? Barring that, are there any mom-n-pop PC part vendors in the area that you like?

His goal is to have a machine he can play games on, but I hope to use that as the bait for an authentic learning experience. I welcome any tips on how to enrichen this summer project for him.

Thanks!

— Noah