[Hidden-tech] How can I get this HTML to pull in the menu, header, footer, and sidebar files?

Shel Horowitz shel at principledprofit.com
Tue Jul 27 19:02:36 UTC 2021

A follow-up question to my post yesterday, now that I got the landing page
working properly. I am revising some of the obsolete inner pages, such
as Shel's
Other Books and Sites (frugalfun.com)
<https://frugalfun.com/othersites.html>, and I notice these files are not
pulling most of the page design elements, other than the green sidebar--but
not the text that goes into the sidebar.

At the end of the <head> section, it calls the CSS:

All Rights Reserved.">

<link REL="StyleSheet" TYPE="text/css" HREF="ffstyle.css">

<script SRC="menu.js"></script>

<script language="JavaScript">

function goThere() {

 newUrl =
document.ChooseLink.LinkList.options[document.ChooseLink.LinkList.selectedIndex].value

 window.location = newUrl

}

</script>

</head>

And then at the bottom, it calls the specific elements--but the file
doesn't display them:

<!-- -------------------------------------- -->
<!--#include file="menu.shtml" -->
<!--#include file="sidebar.txt" -->
<!--#include file="footer.txt" -->
--
What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks,

Shel Horowitz - "The Transformpreneur"
Contact me to bake in profitability while addressing hunger,
poverty, war, and catastrophic climate change
* First business ever to be Green America Gold Certified
* Inducted into the National Environmental Hall of Fame
* Certified speaker: International Platform Association
http://goingbeyondsustainability.com
mailto:shel at greenandprofitable.com 413-586-2388
Award-winning, best-selling author of 10 books.
Latest: Guerrilla Marketing to Heal the World
(co-authored with Jay Conrad Levinson)

Watch my TEDx Talk,
"Impossible is a Dare: Business for a Better World"
http://www.ted.com/tedx/events/11809
(move your mouse to "event videos")