[Hidden-tech] Apple Mail/GMail question

Stephen Michel s at smichel.me
Thu Feb 11 18:04:55 UTC 2021

Probably not.

I haven't used GMail for a while so take this with a grain of salt, but
I believe that GMail now has automatic filters into tabs like
"promotions", etc. However, I believe this is only cosmetic — while
they are shown differently, they are actually all stored in the inbox.
So when you connect with an external program like Apple Mail, it sees
the emails from all these "automatic filters". It would not affect any
emails that you've archived (that actually *is* moving to a different
folder), so if you don't care about anything in those other tabs, it
would be fine to delete.

Again, I don't have a GMail account, so this is more of an educated
guess; I would appreciate if someone who uses GMail & an external
client could confirm.
--
To respect your time, I try to write short, functional emails.