[Hidden-tech] Fwd: Squarespace/Weebly vs. WordPress

Rich@tnr rich at tnrglobal.com
Wed Aug 11 02:23:59 UTC 2021

I agree - I think refusing to use an open source platform is an excuse
and an indicator of the weakness of the designer.

It is also a method of locking in clients - just like requiring clients
to give the designer control of their domain.

That said, including that I personally prefer Wordpress after years of
using various platforms including WP and Joomla,
I think the reason being 'hard to maintain' is overplayed and a measure
more of not properly training their clients
and pushing web solutions for clients not really able to handle them.

As such, there are simple approaches in design of templates that allow
clients to do what they need.
These may be designers but are not web designers and are likely to cut
corners in the end.

I will add there are specialty platforms that are not web sites that
might fit clients better, Facebook/Instagram being two.
Or an even more special one like Patreon

Rich

--
Rich Roth
CEO TnR Global