[Hidden-tech] Alternative to Siteground hosting?, ? any opinions out there about Siteground? Anyone love their web host?

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Fri Apr 30 19:51:03 UTC 2021

At Fri, 30 Apr 2021 15:08:45 -0400 Lisa Hoag <1world4all at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Hidden Tech Folk,
> I switched to siteground hosting about 5 years ago.
> My wish was for cPanel, and 24/7 phone tech support option which
> siteround had at the time. Now they've made it ridiculously difficult
> to access a tech support person throwing multiple steps in before
> being able to access tech support. They've made unauthorized updates
> to my site, and they have replaced cPanel with tier own proprietary
> software.
>
> I've become very leery of all the engineered disruption to my website,
> and my web hosting.
>
> Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions about this.
> I think I'm looking to move my webhosting yet again, after my
> webhosting was disrupted.

I currently use TekTonic for my VPS, on which I host several websites. *I*
don't use cPanel, although I understand that TekTonic provides for it. (I just
ssh into my VPS and manage it via the Linux command line.) I don't know what
TekTonic phone support is like, since I have never used it -- I use their
Web/Email ticket system, which has always been very responsive, so I am
*guessing* their phone support would also be very responsive.  Down time is
rare.

--
Robert Heller             -- Cell: 413-658-7953 GV: 978-633-5364