[Hidden-tech] iPad 7 screen repair needed

Stacy Kontrabecki stacy at swampdancer.com
Thu Apr 1 23:34:39 UTC 2021

Today was the 2nd to last day of remote school and my 6yo broke the
school's iPad 7 screen. Can anyone replace the screen for me if I buy
the parts?

Otherwise, I'd appreciate your recommendation on where I can take it to
be fixed.
Staples is $130 if just the digitizer is bad, $330 if digitizer & LCD.
They send it out for a $50 diagnosis to determine which price point.
Yes Computers says, it being new with a limited warranty, all they can
do is swap out the whole unit for $279.
Kiddo broke it while bending it out of a district-provided, poorly
designed foam case and snapped the glass. The touch screen functionality
is not compromised nor does the color look wonky anywhere, so the LCD
doesn't seem to be broken.
Thanks you.

--
Stacy Kontrabecki, MBA