[Hidden-tech] Book publishing

Mark D. Hamill markdhamill at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 14:52:20 UTC 2020

My manuscript is nearing completion. I'm waiting on cover art.

Meanwhile, I'm looking at how to self publish it. I expect most people will
download electronic copies. Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP), an Amazon
subsidiary, has a pretty straightforward process, but I don't want to
necessarily limit it to only Amazon. I know there are more generic format
like EPUB. Basically, I want flexibility and wide reach.

So I'm looking for some hand holding and don't mind paying for the
privilege. I'll hawk in on my website and advertise it on appropriate
websites, but I assume I'll need some sort of store. If the store if not on
my website, that's fine. It needs some sort of centrally managed solutions
so people can easily buy it, download it in the format they choose, elect
to get paper copies both B&W and color I assume, with a site that keeps
track of sales, updates and overall management.

Appreciate any referrals.