[Hidden-tech] WordPress and MacScanner help, please

Shel Horowitz shel at principledprofit.com
Fri Mar 6 02:51:00 UTC 2020

I'm having two issues.

   1. For the past several weeks, once I publish a blog post, I can't edit
   it. Whenever I go into edit mode, I get "This block has encountered an
   error and cannot be previewed." Fortunately, I don't have that problem if
   I've saved-as-draft. WordPress 5.3.2, and it happens on both Mac and PC
   platforms.
   2. I just bought an HP LaserJet Pro MFP M148fdw all-in-one printer. I am
   not using the fax capability but printing and scanning. My computer for
   scanning has been my ancient (2009, I think) Mac desktop running OS10.5.8
   and unable to support any later OS. I like this computer because it has
   lots of room on the hard drive and a nice big monitor. However, HP was not
   able to find me any scanner software that would work on this  machine. They
   tried to talk me through doing it in the built-in Image Capture app, but it
   wouldn't locate the printer (which is connected to my router via Ethernet).
   The three more recent laptops are all able to talk to it, and the desktop
   Mac is able to print to it with a generic PostScript printer. The printer's
   HP EasyScan scanner software on the modern Mac is actually really elegant,
   but I'll settle for clunky. Anyone know how I can get my hands on old
   software that would operate the scanner form the old Mac?

Shel Horowitz - "The Transformpreneur"
Contact me to bake in profitability while addressing hunger,
poverty, war, and catastrophic climate change
* First business ever to be Green America Gold Certified
* Inducted into the National Environmental Hall of Fame
* Certified speaker: International Platform Association
http://goingbeyondsustainability.com
mailto:shel at greenandprofitable.com 413-586-2388
Award-winning, best-selling author of 10 books.
Latest:Guerrilla Marketing to Heal the World
(co-authored with Jay Conrad Levinson)

Watch my TEDx Talk,
"Impossible is a Dare: Business for a Better World"
http://www.ted.com/tedx/events/11809
(move your mouse to "event videos")