[Hidden-tech] Social Media for HT

Rich@tnr rich at tnrglobal.com
Tue Jun 9 20:42:28 UTC 2020

Time for another review of how HT works for you each.

A long discussion always leads to people dropping off, many of whom
forget this defeats the purpose of having more people to help, at the
cost of a few uninteresting emails.  We tried FB and Linkedin a while
back,  while little interest, given how time goes it could be 10 years.
We also get few additional members so there are clearly not much PR
happening.

What you may not know, here is a summary of members.
Invalid:     2429  (means email addresses that bounced)
No mail:    501   (members who dropped off)
Valid:        2429

Personally I'm not in favor of FB although we do own
https://www.facebook.com/Hidden-tech-271876579588753
(it is currently hidden)

I have been looking for alternatives and found a quite a number of options:
This is one of the more interesting because it will run on a standard
apache/php server : https://friendi.ca/

There are more here: http://www.hidden-tech.net/social-media-ideas/
<https://friendi.ca/>
I am wondering how many would use any of these.
Let start with the general idea and we can narrow to options if there is
interest.

--
Rich Roth
CEO TnR Global