[Hidden-tech] * * * * RANT warning: Blocking robocalls and spam on a copperwire landline phone account? * * * *

Anne Campbell info at annecampbelldesign.com
Mon Jun 8 17:43:01 UTC 2020

Deb Chandler wrote:

> Has anyone had success in blocking spam and robocalls on a traditional
> landline with an UNLISTED phone number with Verizon?

I had the same issue, and needed to keep a landline for the same reasons
you mentioned. My solution was to unplug the landline telephone! I keep it
in the house in case I need to place an emergency call, but I use my cell
phone as my contact number for friends and family, and my Google Voice
number for people I do business with. Now, if anybody calls the old
landline number, it just rings and rings for them, and I am blissfully
unaware.

-Anne

--
Anne Campbell (she/her)