[Hidden-tech] Problems with AWS API and CORS

Alan Frank alan at 8wheels.org
Mon Jun 8 14:34:30 UTC 2020

Hi,

I am a newbie with AWS (learning it via acloudguru.com, where I posted
my question a few days ago and have gotten no responses) and am running
into problems with CORS; specifically, I am getting an error when my JS
code attempts to call my API: "Access to XMLHttpRequest at
'https://<redacted>.execute-api.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/default' from
origin 'https://s3.amazonaws.com' has been blocked by CORS policy: No
'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested
resource."

There is a huge amount of information out there, but most of it appears
to be either irrelevant or over my head.  I did figure out that I might
be able to look at an access log to see what is going on.  I found the
instructions on setting this up
(https://docs.aws.amazon.com/apigateway/latest/developerguide/set-up-logging.html#set-up-access-logging-using-console),
but they tell me to "Sign in to the API Gateway console, select an API,
choose Settings from the primary navigation panel, and enter an ARN in
CloudWatch log role ARN."  However, this field does not seem to exist.
I have provided this feedback to AWS, but am not expecting a timely
response.

I'd be grateful for any help.

--Alan